The first Chebucto Head Lighthouse (a square wooden tower) was built in 1872. The tower was 22ft (6.70m) high with a light standing 132ft (40.23m) above water level. There have been 4 lighthouses at this location.
See all the lighthouses in the Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Getting to Chebucto Head Lighthouse
- Body of water: Halifax Harbour
- Scenic Route: Halifax/Dartmouth
- Address: 279 Duncans Cove Road, Duncans Cove Nova Scotia
Getting to Chebucto Head Lighthouse: To find Chebucto Head Lighthouse click the Directions link on the following map. Click on your current location and the quickest route will be mapped out for you.
Check out our guide to Nova Scotia lighthouses.
Here's our favorite travel gear:
Here is the gear we love to travel with. To capture our adventure and to travel safe and comfortable.
- Action Camera: GoPro Hero10 Black
- Backpack camera mount: Peak Design Capture Clip
- Drone: DJI Mini 2 (Fly More Combo)
- Water Filtration: LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
- Binoculars: Nikon 7576 Monarch Binoculars
See all our favorite stuff here: Recommended Gear