Inverness Beach is a 4 km beach with soft sand. It is shallow and significantly warmer than most saltwater beaches in Nova Scotia. In fact, it has the warmest waters north of the Carolinas. The average ocean temperature is around 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees Fahrenheit).
See all 7 beaches in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
Getting to Inverness Beach, Inverness
- Region: Ceilidh Trail (Cape Breton Island)
- Address: 158 Beach Rd. #1, Inverness (Mabou B0E 1X0) Cape Breton Island
- Nearest town: Inverness (located in the community)
Check out our guide to all the best Nova Scotia Beaches.
Here's our favorite travel gear:
Here is the gear we love to travel with. To capture our adventure and to travel safe and comfortable.
- Action Camera: GoPro Hero10 Black
- Backpack camera mount: Peak Design Capture Clip
- Drone: DJI Mini 2 (Fly More Combo)
- Water Filtration: LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
- Binoculars: Nikon 7576 Monarch Binoculars
See all our favorite stuff here: Recommended Gear