Hello! Welcome to Storyteller Travel
Here at Storyteller Travel, we cover food, animals, and destinations from around the world. We love to travel and have covered much of our adventures. Of course, we have lots more planned.
What We Cover
This site is divided into the following sections:
- Nova Scotia Travel: We cover the best attractions in Nova Scotia with photos, maps and videos. These include lighthouses, beaches, and waterfalls. We were both born here – and love exploring our province.
- Africa Travel: This including wildlife, gorilla treks, and food. Learn about safari photography, wildlife binoculars, and other safari gear.
- Living Abroad: After being expats for six years, it kinda makes sense that we cover expat topics.
- Animals: We are both fascinated by the absurd world of animals. We cover the animals we've seen in the wild – and that are on our list of what we want to see.
- Gear: Good gear makes travel easier – and more fun. Some of our most popular posts include the best travel cameras, binoculars, and portable water filters.
About Bryan and Dena
Storyteller Travel is run by Bryan and Dena Haines.
We’ve been travel bloggers for many years. And we and love it!
When we moved to South America in 2009, we created GringosAbroad – a sister to this site. It is the largest (most read) site about Ecuador travel. We also run ClickLikeThis, a photography tutorial site. Dena also writes about coffee over at Enjoy Java.
Here are the sites we produce.
- ClickLikeThis: We blog about GoPro photography – settings, mounts, and video creation. We've covered editing software, half-underwater photography, GoPro settings and time lapse creation.
- GudGear: Outdoor tutorials and reviews for your next adventure.
- EnjoyJava: Coffee is awesome and deserves its own site. This is one we've talked about for a long time – and now we're building it.
- QueCosa: After six years in Ecuador, we picked up a little Spanish. QueCosa is our Spanish language travel blog. Gracias a nuestro tiempo en Ecuador, aprendimos español y también publicamos un blog de viajes en español.
Like learning about amazing animals? You should check out our daughters animal sites:
- Everywhere Wild: A family-friendly destination to learn about amazing animals around the world.
- JustBirding: We're hosting the best birding community.
Since November 2009, GringosAbroad has covered Ecuador travel and expat stories, tips and tutorials.
Our content gradually grew into, what is now, the largest English blog about Ecuador. We cover Ecuador living, travel, real estate, Cuenca, and Ecuador expat interviews.
We also cover all the expat stuff that you need to know. Stuff like how to eat a mango, buy travel insurance, learn Spanish.
About Bryan, Dena, and Drew
Bryan and Dena Haines
In 2009, we moved from Canada to Ecuador. Learn more about our Ecuador adventures and why we decided to move to Cuenca (sort of our back-story). In April 2015, we moved back to Canada. Here's why.
We also write about GoPro photography, camping, and coffee.
Drew Haines is an animal enthusiast, travel writer, and content marketer. She loves to share her passion through her writing.
She lived in Ecuador for 6 years and explored the Galapagos Islands. Currently based in N.S., Canada.
When we first moved our young family to Cuenca we spoke no Spanish and had no income. Life was interesting. We write about Ecuador food, things to do, cities, expat life, real estate, animals, plants and Ecuador news. Some of our favorite areas include Cuenca, Quito, Salinas, and the Galapagos Islands.
Today, we are the editors of GringosAbroad. We share stories and interviews about Ecuador life and travel. Work with us.
Here are some of the things that we've been up to…