Hello! Welcome to Storyteller Travel
Here at Storyteller Travel, we cover food, animals, and destinations from around the world.
We love to travel and have covered much of our adventures. Of course, we have lots more planned.
What We Cover
This site is divided into the following sections:
- Animals: We are both fascinated by the absurd world of animals. We cover the animals we’ve seen in the wild – and the ones we want to see.
- Destination Guide: Learn about the best attractions around the globe.
- Ecuador Travel: We cover everything about visiting and living in Ecuador. Learn about food, national parks, cities, weather, beaches, and the city of Cuenca.
- Nova Scotia Travel: We cover the best attractions in Nova Scotia, Canada with photos, maps, and videos. These include lighthouses, beaches, and waterfalls. We were both born here – and love exploring our province.
- Africa Travel: This includes wildlife, gorilla treks, and food. Learn about safari photography, wildlife binoculars, and other safari gear.
- Living Abroad: After being expats for six years, it kinda makes sense that we cover expat topics.
- Gear: Good gear makes travel easier – and more fun. Some of our most popular posts include the best travel cameras, binoculars, and portable water filters.
About Bryan and Dena
Storyteller Travel is run by Bryan and Dena Haines.
We’ve been travel bloggers for many years. And we and love it!
When we moved to South America in 2009, we created GringosAbroad – which has since been merged into this site. It was the largest (most read) site about Ecuador travel.
Here’s how to contact us
About Ecuador with GringosAbroad
From November 2009 to March 2021, GringosAbroad covered Ecuador travel and expat stories, tips and tutorials.
About Bryan, Dena, and Drew
Bryan and Dena Haines
In 2009, we moved from Canada to Ecuador. Learn more about our Ecuador adventures and why we decided to move to Cuenca (sort of our back-story).
Drew Haines is an animal enthusiast, travel writer, and content marketer. She loves to share her passion through her writing.
She lived in Ecuador for 6 years and explored the Galapagos Islands. Currently based in N.S., Canada.
When we first moved our young family to Cuenca we spoke no Spanish and had no income. Life was interesting. We write about Ecuador food, things to do, cities, expat life, real estate, animals, plants and Ecuador news. Our favorite areas include Cuenca, Quito, Salinas, and the Galapagos Islands.
Here are some of the things that we’ve been up to…
Here are the other sites we produce.
- GudPixel: We blog about action camera photography – settings, mounts, and video creation. We’ve covered editing software, half-underwater photography, GoPro settings, and time-lapse creation.
- GudGear: Outdoor tutorials and reviews for your next adventure.
- EnjoyJava: Coffee is awesome and deserves its own site. This is one we’ve talked about for a long time – and now we’re building it.